|Title: Research Scientist - Computer Vision||Posted: April 1, 2016|
|Company/Institution: Yahoo Research|
Yahoo Research is hiring research scientists in computer vision!
Yahoo Research sets the course for the future. We're Yahoo’s incubator for bold scientific experimentation. We specialize in deep, creative thought on the company’s hardest technical problems, and hire amazing research scientists and engineers who serve as Yahoo’s most forward-looking thinkers. We stretch the limits of theory, we apply novel ideas in practice, and we experiment. We love challenging problems, we love bleeding-edge technology, and we love data.
Yahoo Research is one of the most highly collaborative places you’ll ever see. Partnerships abound within our own teams, with all key product teams, with academics and universities, and with the international scientific community.
Yahoo Research is pioneering the new sciences underlying online publishing and advertising across all devices – desktop, smartphones, and tablets. As the center of scientific excellence for Yahoo, Yahoo Research delivers both fundamental and applied scientific leadership through published research, product innovations and new technologies powering the company's products.
We’ll challenge your brain every day, and when you succeed you’ll change the lives of hundreds of millions of people, allowing them to do things they never dreamed they could do. Come join us and use your scientific background to drive Yahoo-scale innovation!
We strongly encourage our team members to stay abreast of novel academic work and publish papers and/or patents when appropriate. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your computer vision skills to the 10 terabytes of data that Yahoo captures every day.
- Research in image and video understanding using Yahoo's multimedia data.
- Design and carry out fundamental investigations that expand knowledge and may result in new products, new processes or new business areas.
- Develop a deep understanding of data to understand usage patterns and apply the knowledge gained in developing algorithms that satisfy user needs.
- Work closely with research engineers to develop prototypes and transfer research to products.
- Communicate research results to product and engineering teams.
- Actively participate in the research community by publishing in top tier conferences and journals.
You Must Have
- 5+ years industrial or academic experience in computer vision, multimedia, and machine learning methodology.
- Ph.D. in Computer Vision, Multimedia, Machine Learning, AI or a related field.
- Demonstrated expertise and desire to work hands-on in analyzing and modeling large scale data sets.
- Strong algorithmic problem solving skills.
- Software development skills (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to understand business requirements.
- Team spirit as well as the ability to execute independently.
Application Instructions: Please send an email with your Resume/CV to email@example.com