Panasonic Automotive and Industrial Systems Europe (PAISEU) at Langen (near Frankfurt, Germany) has multiple open Master Thesis Positions in the topic of Camera based ADAS systems. The students are expected to work on topics related to Object Detection, Lane Detection, Object Recognition, Visual Saliency etc. The thesis duration is six months and can begin immediately.
The results from the thesis are expected to be published in premier computer vision or intelligent vehicle conferences.
Candidates can expect a gross salary of EUR 1000 per month.
- Development of algorithms for camera-based driver assistance systems
- Evaluation of developed algorithms regarding performance and robustness
- C++ implementation and integration into vehicle framework
- Performance evaluation
- Detailed documentation of investigation carried out
- Student from the faculty of science or technology (e.g. informatics, mathematics, physics etc.)
- Basic understanding of image processing and computer vision
- Excellent understanding of Linear Algebra, Optimization and Calculus
- Strong coding skills in C++ and an additional scripting language like Python or Matlab. Boost and GPU skills appreciated
- Interest in driver assistance systems
- Good documentation skills
Panasonic is a world leader in electronics technologies with about 300K employees worldwide. The Automotive Business arm of Panasonic is a global supplier to
Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers. Our clients include Tesla, Diamler, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford and many others.
In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
The candidate will work on his Masters thesis at the Langen Head Quarters of PAISEU.
Langen is a suburb of Frankfurt and can be reached from Frankfurt Central Railway Station in less than 20 mins. Frankfurt is the financial capital of EU and is the home of
European Cental Bank, Deutsche Bank and German Stock Exchange. It also boasts of several elite research institutions, universities and museums. The Frankfurt International Airport
is one of the busiest and well connected in the world.
We look forward to receive your applications!