Sr. Applied Research Engineer - 3D Video Compression and Transmission
Sony Electronics US Research Center located in San Jose, CA, currently has an opening for a Senior Applied Research Engineer. As a Senior Engineer, you will be involved in a multidisciplinary research on cutting-edge 3D video codec algorithms. Special interest and focus include, but are not limited to, 360o immersive video transmission and virtual reality video research for the future Sony products and services.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent is preferred.
- Background and working experience with novel algorithm development in the field of multi-view video compression is required.
- Familiarity and working experience with mixed natural & graphic content coding and texture synthesis is highly desirable.
- Minimum 2 years of related professional experience is preferred.
- Excellent programming skill in Matlab, Python or C/C++ for rapid algorithm prototyping is required.
- Outstanding documentation and communication skills are required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, if necessary.