|Title: Research Assistant on Computer Vision and Machine Intelligence||Posted: June 1, 2016|
|Company/Institution: Maastricht University|
|Location: Maastricht, the Netherlands|
|Department: Data Science and Knowledge Engineering|
Description: The Department of Data Science and Knowledge Engineering (DKE) at Maastricht University, the Netherlands, is looking for an excellent research assistant in the areas of Machine Intelligence and Human-Machine Interaction.
The applications will be in the challenging and cutting edge fields of human-robot interaction, emotion recognition and human activity understanding using sensors and cameras. The position is embedded in the Robots, Agents and Interaction group of DKE. The full-time position is offered initially for one year (starting not later than July 1st 2016 or as soon as possible after that) with possible extension until the end of 2018.
The successful applicant will assist in research and technology integration and will gain significant experience in multidisciplinary European research projects. To that aim, she/he will work with other UM researchers, as well as research and industrial partners across Europe towards the development of intelligent, smart, interactive, personalized interfaces and applications aimed to be used for educational and e-health purposes.
1. Have (or should be close to completing) a Master’s degree in artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, or a closely related field.
2. Excellent programming skills (C/C++/Java).
3. Excellent command of spoken and written English.
4. High motivation, enthusiasm and ability to work in a team.
5. Pre-knowledge and practical experience in interface designing and technologies integration will be highly appreciated.
6. Good presentation, communication and organization skills.
Application Instructions: For further details and application instructions, go to: