|Title: Lead Researcher - ML & AI||Posted: January 31, 2019|
|Company/Institution: HERE Technologies|
|Location: Chicago, Illinois|
Description: Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders?” You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world.
Whats the Role?
You will be joining Source Extraction team, which is composed of Deep Learning Scientists, Computer Vision Researchers and Big Data Engineers, focused on developing state-of-the-art map attribute extraction and confirmation techniques from sources like Satellite Imagery, Aerial Imagery, Street Level Imagery and Probe. The team is at the fore-front of the Map Creation and Automation innovations at HERE, to generate map content and layers in near real-time, to keep HERE digital map products up-to-date to reflect changing reality in the physical world. With below responsibilities:
• Help design and build the next iteration of process automation in HERE Core Map processes employing a highly scalable Big Data infrastructure and machine learning as applied to global-scale digital map-making.
• Build and test analytic and statistical models to improve a wide variety of both internal data-driven processes for map-making data decisions and system control needs.
• Act as an expert and evangelist in areas of data mining, machine learning, computer vision, statistics, and predictive analysis and modeling.
• Function as a predictive modeling or application team lead on Core Map projects.
Who are you?
An enthusiastic and passionate Lead researcher/scientist who is willing to go above and beyond the ask, with an open mindset and a will to think “outside the box”. Who is looking for opportunity and freedom to innovate and explore technically, while keen and motivated to deliver quantitative results. Who believes that collaboration and flexibility are the key factors that will help build a team efficiently, with emphasis on having fun and learning along the way. With below requirements & experience:
• MS or PhD in a discipline such as Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, with an emphasis or thesis work on one or more of the following: computer vision, physics, machine learning, robotics and optimization.
• Minimum of 5 years related, professional experience in applied machine learning and computer vision.
• Knowledge of data mining and analytic methods such as regression, classifiers, clustering, association rules, decision trees, Bayesian network analysis, etc. Should have expert-level knowledge in one or more of these areas.
• Proficiency with a statistical analysis package and associated scripting language such as Python.
• Experience with and demonstrated capability to effectively interact with both internal and external customer executives, technical and non-technical to explain uses and value of predictive systems and techniques.
• Experience in Augmented Reality, SLAM and 3D reconstruction is preferred.
Application Instructions: Please use the below link to apply -