|Title: Marie Skłodowska-Curie PhD Student Position: VR/AR Video over 5G||Posted: February 19, 2019|
|Company/Institution: Nokia Bell Labs|
|Location: Madrid, Spain|
|Department: Distributed Reality Solutions|
Description: Nokia Bell Labs is a global research community which has been changing the world of information technology for more than a century through the release of breakthrough inventions such as modern information theory, the transistor, the laser and the UNIX operating system.
Nokia Bell Labs in Madrid, Spain, is participating in the European project TeamUp5G (New RAN TEchniques for 5G UltrA-dense Mobile networks), an H2020 funded project part of the prestigious Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action (MSCA), Innovative Training Network (ITN) type. We are searching for an Early Stage Researcher (ESR) willing to develop a full PhD in an industrial environment within this project, focused on the real time immersive video (360/VR/AR) on top of dense 5G networks. The work will address one or several steps of a multimedia communication process within this scenario: multi-camera capture, real-time video analysis (machine learning) on the network edge, optimization of video transmission under low-latency networks, rendering of complex XR environments, analysis of QoE.
- University degree on computer science, electrical engineering or related. Admission requirements for PhD program (MSc or equivalent). The researcher is expected to start the PhD program immediately after the hiring.
- Good knowledge of digital video technology, preferably in the specific area of immersive media (360 video, VR or AR). A good technical base of communication protocols is also desirable.
- Experience with Machine Learning will be positively valued.
- Other relevant technology areas which are considered positive for this position are: mobile network architecture, distributed media processing, edge computing and virtualization (cloud computing).
- Excellent oral and written proficiency in English (Spanish is optional).
Requirements from Marie Skłodowska-Curie ITNs:
- At the time of appointment, applicants may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before their recruitment.
- Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs) must, at the date of recruitment by the beneficiary, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
The selected candidate will receive a 36-month, full-time employment contract as per Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions regulations for ESRs. Yearly gross salary range: €31,000 - €34,000. Additional family allowance available where applicable.
Application Instructions: Details and how to apply: https://www.euraxess.es/es/node/354864
Application and contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 31/03/2019