|Title: Computer Vision / Machine Learning Summer Internship||Posted: March 3, 2015|
|Company/Institution: HERE Nokia|
|Location: Berkeley, California|
|Department: Reality Capture and Processing|
Description: The HERE Nokia Reality Capture and Processing group is looking to hire a passionate and innovative summer intern to work with its R&D team. During the internship, the candidate has the opportunity to explore many computer vision and machine learning problems using multiple data sources, such as satellite images, street level images and probe data. Some example problems include building footprint extraction, change detection from satellite imagery, feature and landmark recognition from 3D street level images. It offers an excellent opportunity to play with real data and work on problems that we face on a day-to-day basis.
Skills we are looking for
- Python, Matlab, C/C++ experience
- Research experience computer vision, machine learning or related fields.
- Ability to prototype an algorithm.
- Currently pursuing a M.S. or PhD in computer science or related field
Reality Capture and Processing Group at Nokia
- We are indexing reality to create a 3D street-level data mine. This data mine powers next generation HERE map platform with functionality ranging from turn-by-turn navigation and routing, to augmented reality and 3D mapping.
- We are located in downtown Berkeley, walking distance UC Berkeley campus, many restaurants and coffee shops.
- In news: http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/22/nokia-here-collection-vehicle-v2-0/
Application Instructions: Please email your resume to Jimmy Wang at jimmy . m . wang at here . com