|Title: Member or Senior Member of Research Staff||Posted: May 5, 2015|
|Company/Institution: Mitsubishi Electric Research Labs (MERL) |
|Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA|
|Department: Spatial Analysis Group|
MERL is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Member or Senior Member of Research Staff in the Spatial Analysis Group. This group pursues cutting-edge research in information capture, extraction, analysis, and display, including computer vision, 3D graphics & modeling, image processing, and machine learning. We are currently searching for a colleague to work on problems of machine learning, including deep learning, classification, labeling, and detection. The group applies its specialized knowledge to challenging industrial problems in areas including robotics, medicine, automobiles, safety and security, retail systems, large and small displays, and building systems. We also contribute to and maintain strong connections in the research community.
The successful candidate will be expected to initiate, lead and perform original research within the above areas, and to extend MERL’s domain of expertise. Further qualifications are detailed below.
• Identify new problems and solutions that are broadly useful. Conduct research to evaluate these solutions and publish results in selective peer-reviewed conferences and journals. Conceive futuristic business possibilities and the technology and methods to address them.
• Learn about existing Mitsubishi Electric businesses and consider their needs when defining research initiatives. Collaborate with Mitsubishi Electric labs in Japan to transfer information, prototypes, and code.
• Assist in preparing your patent applications.
• A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related areas.
• Documented track record of creative innovation and of developing, conducting, and leading successful research projects.
• Excellent programming skills (C/C++, Matlab, Python, etc).
• Good presentation and writing skills are expected.
• Applicant must be able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and balance workload among different projects.
Application Instructions: MERL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PRINCIPALS ONLY apply online to thornton AT merl DOT com (No phone calls please.)