|Title: Robotics & Navigation Scientist||Posted: May 14, 2015|
|Company/Institution: iRobot |
|Location: Pasadena, CA or Bedford, MA |
|Department: Technology |
Description: Position Purpose:
Design, implement, test and document robotics algorithms in C and C++ on desktop and embedded
platforms. One of the main focuses of the position is the development of novel algorithms for
mobile robotics navigation, particularly simultaneous localization and mapping, obstacle avoidance
and path planning, and sensor fusion. Strong emphasis is placed on embeddable algorithms
for consumer robotics applications.
• A solid engineering background with hands-on experience designing and developing
• Understanding of and experience with any of the following: behavior-based control, navigation,
path-planning, obstacle avoidance, SLAM, vision-based SLAM, estimation and control,
and sensor fusion.
• Strong analytical skills and mathematical foundation.
• Good understanding of computer systems.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in algorithm implementation using C and C++.
• Algorithm development with Matlab.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to learn quickly.
• Minimum Degree: PhD in Robotics or related field.
Nice to have:
• Understanding of and experience with any of the following: object recognition, structure
from motion, 3D reconstruction, ego-motion estimation, feature extraction and matching,
• Hands-on experience developing algorithms and building mobile robotics platforms.
• Embedded programming experience.
• Ability to build/assemble/modify electronic assemblies or robots into various configurations
for test purposes.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Instructions: send email to firstname.lastname@example.org