|Title: Senior Software Engineer, Computer Vision||Posted: May 28, 2015|
|Company/Institution: Oyster.com, a TripAdvisor Company|
|Location: New York, NY|
Description: Oyster.com, a TripAdvisor company, delivers unbiased, expert information about hotels. Oyster sends trained experts to visit, comprehensively photograph, and critique each hotel reviewed on Oyster. Oyster.com has been featured by numerous media outlets, including The Today Show, 20/20, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times. We are especially proud of being called a “well executed site” by 37 Signals – some of the toughest critics in the business.
Oyster.com is expanding and we are looking for someone to join our team as a Senior Software Engineer with deep expertise in Computer Vision and especially image stitching. Oyster.com has 1.5 million unique photos and 100 field photographers who are professionally trained and capture extensive imagery of hotels all around the world. As a Senior Software Engineer on the team you will work to exploit the opportunity created by this unique image collection and help us bring new high value products to market.
What you will do:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Invent and develop image stitching and computer vision algorithms in order to improve our panoramic experience
- Develop and maintain production quality Python or C++ code
- Work with other teams to improve the image acquisition of field photographers in order to build the right product
What we offer:
- Masters or Phd in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of experience in a commercial or applied research environment
- Extensive experience in Computer Vision with focus on image stitching and image blending to create high quality panoramic images
- Experience working effectively with software engineering teams to build great products
- Prior experience with OpenCV, PanoTools or other image stitching libraries is a plus
- Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment
Joining our team full-time brings genuinely unique benefits:
- 30" monitors with the best computers money can buy
- We believe that one excellent worker is far better than two adequate performers; as such, we pay well and reward star performers as stars
- Medical, dental, 401K and other great benefits offered as being part of TripAdvisor Media Group
*** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Application Instructions: Please submit your resume (cover letter optional) via email to careers-at-smartertravel(dot)com to be considered for this opportunity.