|Title: Head - Computer Vision & Machine Learning||Posted: May 29, 2015|
|Company/Institution: Naked Labs|
|Location: San Jose, CA|
|Department: Computer Vision|
Description: We are looking for a fitness enthusiast who is an expert in writing algorithms for reading 3D images and interpreting the data, to join the core product team of Naked Labs - an exciting start-up in the IOT space. This is a great opportunity for somebody who wants to work on a consumer product which touches the life of many.
Naked Labs is close to delivering a sleek and smart scale which captures a 3D view of the body. What they now need is a Computer Vision Engineer to add the software intelligence that will make it an indispensable fitness partner. This is a key product role with significant responsibility as the company is an early stage start-up with product in the Alpha testing stage (pre-manufacturing).
What You Will Be Doing
You will be the third pillar building the software/data management layer for the product. Farhad Farahbakhshian is responsible for the Electronics piece (sensors, camera) and Ed Sclater takes care of the Mechanical Design. The role therefore includes strategy and execution. Hiring the right team, setting the agenda, mentoring them is part of the role. Accountabilities and decisions will have high visibility to the executive team as this role will be involved in key product developments.
What We are looking for
This position involves high level of knowledge and experience in computer vision, image processing or computational photography besides machine learning algorithms, object classification or recognition and 3D reconstruction from camera images and depth sensors. The incumbent should be able to hire and manage a team of 5-10 computer vision engineers. The candidate should be very comfortable with HW and digging into FW layer when necessary. Ideal candidate would have played a similar role building a successful consumer product in a similar or related space and thus demonstrated a start-up mind-set.
• Prototype and develop computer vision/imaging algorithms for embedded platforms.
• Excellent C/C development skills
• Experience in writing robust and maintainable production code
• Track record of performance optimization on GPU or other architectures (Metal, OpenCL, CUDA, SSE, NEON, or other SIMD)
• Background and in-depth understanding of computer vision or machine learning algorithms
• Object classification or recognition
• 3D reconstruction from camera images and depth sensors
• 2D and 3D tracking algorithms
• Computational photography
• Machine learning algorithm such as SVM, decision forest, deep learning, etc
• Knowledge of OpenGL/OpenCV/video codec/video processing
• Experience in Hardware/Software integration, Embedded programming skills
• Grow within role and manage a team of 5-10 computer vision engineers
• Testing, documentation and verification of computer vision algorithms
• Training and evaluation of computer vision algorithms on large datasets
• Knowledge of scripting language, e.g. Python, Bash, database design/usage/application and knowledge of large scale/distributed/scalable data storage
An MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar degree, with strong coding experience is required.
Application Instructions: Please send your CV to email@example.com or apply at
Head - Computer Vision