We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced candidate for a postdoctoral position in computer vision. The work will take place in the context of the European Project POPART, whose main goal is to develop an innovative pipeline for special effects real-time previsualization for the movie industry. The project involves academic and industrial partners from France, Norway and Germany. The VORTEX team at IRIT is developing a new real-time camera tracking pipeline. In this context, the applicant will work on structure from motion and image-based localization algorithms for building and managing a 3D visual database of the scene, and develop an innovative real-time camera tracking algorithm. The candidate will work in close cooperation with the senior members of the VORTEX team, and he/she will have a key role in proposing and experiment innovative algorithms that will eventually may be published in international computer vision conferences. The candidate will also collaborate with a research engineer who will support him/her for the implementation.
Duration: 1 year starting asap (extension possible upon project evolution).
- PhD in either Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related areas;
- very good background and proved experience in either Structure from Motion, 3D reconstruction, Image-based localization, image retrieval or SLAM. A background in statistics and machine learning is welcome but not required;
- good programming skills in C/C++ and Matlab;
- good publication record commensurate with experience in one of the above areas;
- fluency in written and spoken English;
- ability to work individually and as a member of a team and in close collaboration with the other international partners.
- knowledge of development tools such as Git and CMake, Unix/MacOsX environment, OpenCV or other computer vision libraries;
- knowledge and experience with some state-of-the art SfM tools, such as OpenMVG, Bundler or VisualSfM.
Applicants should submit to email@example.com the following application material, preferably in a single PDF document and with "[POPART-PostDocJob]" as subject of the mail:
- A short motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications
- List of 3 referees
There are not fixed deadline, the applications will be evaluated as they come in and the position will be filled as soon as possible.
If you are attending CVPR in Boston and you are interested in the position, you can send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting.