|Title: R&D research Engineer in Computer Vision - Augmented Reality||Posted: October 12, 2015|
|Company/Institution: IRT b<>com|
|Location: France (Rennes)|
|Department: Immersive Interactions|
The aim of the b<>com Institute of Research and Technology (IRT) is to accelerate the development and marketing of tools, products, and services for improving everyday life, through research and innovation in digital technologies. In concrete terms, b<>com innovates at the highest levels in the fields of hypermedia (ultra-high-definition images, 3D, smart content, and virtual and augmented reality, to name a few), ultra-high-speed networks, and its first field of application, e-health.
Its main campus is in Rennes and its satellite sites are in Lannion and Brest. b<>com is supported by the French government's Investissements d’Avenir (Investing in the Future) program and by local authorities in Brittany, Rennes, Lannion-Trégor, and Brest.
Overseen by the Immersive Interactions research laboratory manager, the R&D Engineer's duties include but are not limited to:
- designing, developing, and integrating innovative software modules based on the scientific state of the art in the field of augmented reality and virtual reality
- participating in the oversight of the laboratory's software development
- contributing to defining the laboratory platform's architecture, the specifications and features, and the completion of functional and unit tests
- being active in commercializing the work of the laboratory through patent filings, scientific publications and contributions to standardization or open-source organizations
- performing technology monitoring in his or her field and making suggestions accordingly
- working in teams towards the shared advancement of projects
Who we are looking for ?
The candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- strong experience in software design and development aimed at the commercialization of innovative research-based products
- a very good base of technical and scientific knowledge related to computer vision applied to augmented reality:
- RGB- and RGB-D-based relocalization tion and tracking of poses (SLAM and derivatives, KinectFusion and derivatives, etc.), calibrating augmented reality glasses (SPAAM, MPAAM, etc.)
- an ability to analyze the state of the art
He/she must also demonstrate the ability to:
- write technical documents and reports
- fit into a multidisciplinary team
With a doctorate if possible in the field of computer vision, he/she has at least 3 years' experience, preferably in industry, and speaks fluent English.
Application Instructions: Send applications (cover letter and résumé) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of contract, start date, workplace: 18-to-36-month CDD (fixed-term contract), as soon as possible, in Cesson Sévigné (France)