|Title: Computer Vision Engineer||Posted: October 23, 2015|
|Location: Palo Alto, CA USA|
|Department: Visual Search|
Description: A9.com, an Amazon company, creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies. Our Visual Search team creates solutions aimed at helping customers search and discover the world around them via a camera-phone view. We use advanced technologies to leverage our vast catalog of images in ways that dramatically improve the experience of Amazon customers. We tackle complex problems in computer vision, image recognition, deep learning, and large-scale distributed systems.
As a Computer Vision Engineer in Visual Search you will:
You are going to love this job because you will:
- Design, implement, and deploy full-stack computer vision solutions for millions of Amazon customers.
- Investigate and solve exciting and difficult challenges in image recognition, classification, augmented reality and deep learning.
- Research and develop scalable computer vision and machine learning solutions to hard problems.
- Build on A9's core technology in Visual Search.
- Use the latest advances in neural networks and machine learning to bring new experiences for our customers.
At A9, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.
- Be immersed in a "critical mass” of innovative and top caliber computer vision experts in a collegial and fun environment.
- Work on incredibly hard problems in computer vision that are of value in the real world.
- Create world-class computer vision products.
- Build on Amazon’s tools and vast technical resources.
- Work in a dynamic team that provides continuous opportunities for learning and growth.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or a Master's degree with equivalent industry experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in computer vision or image processing.
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals or a proven track record of industry innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art.
- At least 3 years of experience in C++, C# or Java.
- Proficiency in MATLAB or Python.
- Track record of successful projects in algorithm design and product development.
- Deep learning, machine learning, information retrieval, or data mining experience.
- Experience deploying solutions to AWS or cloud services a plus.
- Specific computer vision skills in object detection, recognition, 3D computer vision, and/or tracking.
- Familiarity with vision systems on mobile devices.
- Excellent communication skills, solid work ethic, and a strong desire to write production-quality code.
Application Instructions: Click here to apply