|Title: Senior Research Engineer – Computer Vision (Structure from Motion)||Posted: November 11, 2015|
|Company/Institution: HERE a top provider of maps, navigation, and map based services|
|Location: Berkeley, California|
|Department: Lidar and Image Processing Group|
The HERE Nokia Reality Capture and Processing group is looking to hire a Sr. Research Engineer to join our collaborative R&D team in Berkeley, CA. Our team works on a diverse set of data including GPS probe, LiDAR and high-resolution imagery to create content for the next-generation mapping platforms. In this role, the successful candidate will develop novel algorithms for accurate vehicle localization using structure from motion (SfM) algorithms, LiDAR data and GPS/IMU sensors. This is a great opportunity to work with a talented team of computer vision and machine learning experts in delivering solutions for HERE's mapping and location based products.
• Develop computer vision algorithms for structure from motion, visual odometry, 3D reconstruction.
• Track and apply the latest algorithm improvements from industry and research community.
• Participate in both algorithm and software development as a part of an Agile team.
• Participate in project reviews and demos.
• Innovate, publish and patent.
• Ph.D./M.S. in computer science, electrical engineering, or related engineering field.
• Expertise in structure from motion, multi-view geometry, large-scale optimization.
• Experience in image processing, feature extraction and matching, object detection and tracking, and numerical computing techniques.
• 2+ years of relevant industry or academic experience.
• Strong programming skills in C++/Python.
• Team player with the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
• Creative, resourceful, and innovative problem solver.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with LiDAR data processing (desired).
• Experience with Linux and Amazon Web Services (desired).
• Experience with software engineering best practices including unit testing, continuous integration and source control (desired).
Please send your resume to email@example.com or you can give me a call at 773-982-2418.
HERE a leading map service provider