|Title: Research Intern, AI||Posted: November 11, 2015|
|Location: Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY - Paris, France|
|Department: Software Engineering|
Description: Facebook is seeking Research Interns to join Facebook AI Research (FAIR). Our group is committed to advancing the field of artificial intelligence and building technologies to help understand the world. We are seeking individuals passionate in areas such as machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, deep learning, computational statistics, and applied mathematics. Our interns have an opportunity to make core algorithmic advances and apply their ideas at an unprecedented scale. Many of our interns publish at a top tier conference such as NIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, and ICCV.
This internship has a minimum 12 week duration with winter, summer and fall start dates. We have openings in our Menlo Park, New York, and Paris offices. Internships will be awarded on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early. Applicants are expected to be pursuing a PhD in one of the areas listed; outstanding masters students may also be considered.
To learn more about our group visit our page at https://research.facebook.com/ai.
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines
- Perform research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, and other modalities)
- Devise better data-driven models of human behavior
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development
- Pursuing PhD or Masters in Computer Science or related field and publications in Machine Learning, AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- A strong passion for theoretical and empirical research and for answering hard questions with research
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Fluency in C++, Java or other related language
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2016
Application Instructions: To apply please follow the instructions here.