|Title: Software Engineer - Microsoft HoloLens||Posted: January 20, 2016|
|Location: Redmond WA|
Description: Microsoft is working on revolutionizing consumer electronic devices, and you can be a part of this effort. The group that created Kinect and profoundly changed the way people interact with technology is forming a team to change the world again! We are a growing team of expert engineers working in an agile and high-energy environment to redefine experiences by making technology disappear. We are developing ground-breaking hardware, software, and experiences across computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, image and video processing, networking, and graphics.
We have an immediate opening for a Software Design Engineer. Our team, who also developed the original Photosynth panorama mobile app, is working on innovative technologies related to image processing, video processing, camera, computational photography, etc. We are looking for someone with solid background and passion in some of those areas. In this role you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and optimization of image/video processing components for a new product.
A perfect fit in this environment, requires you to be:
- A proven collaborator
- Passionate for changing ambiguity into decisions
- Motivated and able to quickly learn new technologies.
- Attentive to detail
- Work in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including design, hardware, PM’s and SDET’s for sustained long term success
- Partner with the architects and the technical leadership team to deliver solid technical designs
- Maintain an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them
- Closely collaborate with partner teams when engineering & business dependencies exist
- Own accurate costing for your engineering activities, and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality
- Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
Successful candidates must have:
- 5+ years of relevant software design and development experience preferably on shipped consumer products or platforms
- Proven experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product
- Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging ability
- Deep native development skills in C++ design and coding, with strong debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A proven track record of shipping quality products on time
- A BS, MSc or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
Additional experience desired (3+ of the following areas):
- API design
- Experience with algorithms, mathematics, or statistics
- Computer Graphics: GPU, DirectX, HLSL, D3D, D3D11, or OpenGL
- Background in computer vision, image processing, video processing, or computational photography
Experience with numerical algorithms, such as numerical optimization, is a plus
- Experience writing performance-critical code or SIMD processor extensions (e.g. SSE/AVX/NEON)
- Windows Media Foundation, MFT is a plus
- Experience with mobile, embedded systems, systems on a chip (SoC) or familiarities with Windows drivers is a plus
- Experience with cameras in the mobile space, camera processing pipelines, ISP tuning, or image quality fundamentals is a plus
Application Instructions: If you are interested, please email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your resume.