|Title: Machine Learning Engineer||Posted: February 1, 2016|
|Company/Institution: ZEISS AG|
|Location: Oberkochen, Germany|
|Department: Corporate Research and Development|
Description: To strengthen our Team in the Corporate Research and Development department in Oberkochen (Baden-Württemberg), we have an immediate opening for an Machine Learning Engineer.
- Drive the development of ZEISS core algorithms that extract information from the diverse array of data sources present across our complete product portfolio.
- Take projects from academic and idea stages to a series of prototypes and to continuously support technology adoption and integration into our flagship products. This comprises conceptualizing, initiating, prototyping, as well as scaling and instrumenting methods and evaluating their performance.
- Shape the future of ZEISS. We have just started to scrape the surface of what can be done with the data our products deliver. You will contribute to realizing the prospects of machine learning, modern computer vision and scene understanding technologies for our customers, as ZEISS continues exploring the data domains of its product portfolio.
With around 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries. At ZEISS, you will have the opportunity to work on trendsetting technologies together with the best minds in your field. ZEISS employees passionately strive to create products that make the world a better place.
- M.Sc., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or Machine Learning with substantial experience in Computer Vision (e.g. in segmentation, registration, object detection & tracking, anomaly & event detection)
- A solid understanding of machine learning and statistics (SVMs, RandomForest, deep & recurrent ANNs, CRFs, etc.) and of best practices in feature extraction, dimensionality reduction and model validation
- A strong programming background and familiarity with toolkits such as OpenCV, Caffe, Theano, R, MATLAB, and a working knowledge of software development, deployment methods and cloud stacks. Parallelization skills (CUDA, Flink, OpenMP, etc) are definitely a plus.
- A decidedly hands-on mindset: you love to work on hard problems and you make solutions work in the real world, too.
The ability to communicate your results, challenges and solution successfully across a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
Application Instructions: If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.