Sony Electronics, Inc., currently has an opening for a Senior Applied Research Engineer in our U.S. Research Center located in San Jose, CA. This position is responsible for research and development in the area of computer vision, computer graphics, and image/video processing with emphasis on innovation for advancing the state of the art technology. Focus includes development of novel computer vision algorithms with the goal of providing cost-effective and high visual quality solutions for Sony products.
As a Senior Applied Research Engineer, you will also be responsible for writing invention disclosures for developed algorithms, and working with patent attorneys to secure intellectual property.
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Strong research background and demonstrated record of innovation in the area of computer vision, computer graphics, or image/video processing
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Good familiarity with C and MATLAB programming languages
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion
- Preferred qualifications:
- Knowledge of 3D modeling, segmentation, in-painting, optimization, and depth-map generation techniques
- Familiarity with OpenGL or DirectX
- Two or more years of related experience