|Title: Autonomous Driving R&D Engineer||Posted: July 21, 2016|
|Department: Autonomous Driving|
Description: Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
At TomTom we have some of the largest labelled maps-related databases in the world. This puts us in a unique position to advance highly automated driving and impact the future of driving.
We are seeking a computer vision and machine learning R&D engineer for our Autonomous Driving team.
From TomTom's headquarters in Amsterdam, you are researching world class algorithms and models to innovate our map technology for self-driving cars, and to automatically extract features relevant for autonomous driving.
Why you would love to work with us:
- You will work together with professionals in an open, friendly environment where creativity is key
- We are close to the research community and work on cutting edge algorithms and models
- We are passionate about our work, and take ownership of and pride in what we do and achieve
- You will have access to huge amount of labelled maps-related databases
- Your innovative solutions will be put to practice, changing people's everyday lives
What we expect from you
- Solid academic background in computer vision and machine learning with a postgraduate degree
- Proven practical experience with relevant topics in computer vision and machine learning
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Caffe, Torch or TensorFlow
- Expert knowledge of modern C++ and proficiency in Python
- Top-notch programming skills and software engineering know-how, and a desire to keep learning
- Ability to write clean, elegant and maintainable production-level code
- Creative problem solver and team player with strong conceptual skills
- Highly motivated to work in a research and prototyping environment, and to be getting your work into production
- Ability to work well with others; TomTom is a collaborative environment
- Active participation in our scientific reading group
- Self-motivated and dedicated to excellence
- Fluency in English
Being such an innovative position, preferably you also have
- A strong publication record with the top-tier computer vision and machine learning conferences and journals
- Prior experience in Automotive R&D
- Prior experience with LIDAR and Radar data
- Prior experience with programming resource-constrained platforms (e.g. embedded or mobile)
- Prior experience with GPU programming (CUDA, OpenCL)
Application Instructions: Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
Please apply through www.tomtom.com/careers. The reference to this job is 25042.
Your TomTom Recruiter working on this vacancy is Daan Smit.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.