|Title: Research Assistant in Computer Vision / Global Illumination||Posted: July 26, 2016|
|Company/Institution: Ilmenau University of Technology (TU Ilmenau)|
|Location: Ilmenau, Germany|
|Department: Virtual Worlds and Digital Games Group |
Description: The Virtual Worlds and Digital Games group at the Ilmenau University of Technology (TU Ilmenau) is seeking research assistants for supporting our team in research and teaching. For expanding our team we are looking for a colleague holding a masters degree (or equivalent) in computer science, visual computing, or a comparable area. As a candidate you have experience in software development - in particular in object oriented programming - preferably in C++. Further, you have substantial knowledge in one or several of the following areas:
Additionally, you are fluent in English and/or German, you are able to present working results, provide good communication skills, and have capacity for teamwork. For candidates we provide the opportunity to work towards a Ph.D. or postdoctoral lecture qualification as part of their job. As part of your job, you will be responsible for various research and development tasks in the areas listed above as well as for teaching (exercises and lab courses) including the supervision of bachelor and master students.
- computer vision (object recognition, tracking, mapping, reconstruction, SLAM).
- image and video processing (segmentation, image synthesis, image and video inpainting/reshuffling).
- global illumination (scene inference, compositing, photorealistic rendering).
- image based and physics based rendering.
- realization of Mixed Reality / Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality systems and applications.
Application Instructions: Please send your application, including cover letter, CV and university certificates, to wolfgang.broll(at)tu-ilmenau.de.