Join a team of highly skilled and innovative engineers to work on leading-edge mapping technology for Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD) systems. HERE is an established company with decades of experience in delivering maps for the automotive industry and other commercial partners. We are owned by a consortium of German automakers (Audi, BMW, and Daimler), with a focus on creating and maintaining the world's most precise and detailed digital maps for enabling self-driving cars.
HERE is seeking a Senior Research Engineer to join our Highly Automated Driving (HAD) group. A successful candidate will apply his / her knowledge and expertise to build 3D models of the worlds roads. These extremely precise and detailed maps will make automated driving a reality. No prior experience in the domain of mapping is required.
- PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or related fields (or MS + 5 years of experience in related field)
- Experience with 3D point cloud processing (clustering, segmentation, classification, etc.)
- Working knowledge in computer vision and machine learning
- Fluent in C++ on a Linux platform
- Work with Software Engineers to produce production quality software implementing algorithms that are developed
- Clearly explain and document algorithms that are developed
- Experience with OpenCV and PCL preferred
- Experience working with large software projects (revision control, code review process, continuous integration, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills