|Title: Multiple Open Rank Tenure-track Positions||Posted: October 31, 2016|
|Company/Institution: Shanghai University of Finance and Economics|
|Location: Shanghai, China|
|Department: School of Statistics and Management & Center of Big Data and Statistical Sciences|
Description: Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (SUFE) is one of the top research institutions in statistics, finance, economics, and management sciences in China. The statistics program of the School of Statistics and Management is ranked 4th in China by China’s Ministry of Education. There are several research areas in the School of Statistics and Management at SUFE, including econometrics, machine learning, operations research, probability, and statistics. Currently, there are 18 tenure-track faculty in the School. Center of Big data and Statistical Sciences, cofounded by SUFE and China's National Bureau of Statistics, is a platform providing plenty of opportunities for collaborations with companies, associations, and governments in China.
School of Statistics and Management & Center of Big-Data and Statistical Sciences at SUFE has multiple open rank tenure-track joint positions in Machine Learning and Data Mining.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is expected to:
1) Engage in both independent and collaborative research and consulting projects, and proceed with high-quality research.
2) Provide high-quality teaching at both graduate and undergraduate levels.
3) Provide statistical consultative service.
4) Engage in the development of School of Statistics and Management, SUFE.
The teaching is associated with the School of Statistics and Management.
1) Ph.D. in computer science, economics, management science, mathematics, statistics, or a closely related field by the time of appointment.
2) Demonstrated ability or clear evidence of potential in research.
3) Experience or interest in teaching computation, or econometrics, or management science, or probability, or statistics courses at all levels.
4) Excellent oral and written skills in English.
The salary is internationally competitive depending on the level of appointment and experience.
In addition to the standard benefits for faculties at SUFE, a moving and housing allowance and a startup grant (both depending on the position and experience) will be provided.
Application Instructions: Application Information:
Application with a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a research statement, a teaching statement, samples of research work if any, and three reference letters (including any teaching evaluations if any, and sent directly by referees) need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application will not be processed until all above materials are complete. Please use “Application for the Tenure-track position” in the subject of the application email.
02/15/2017 or until positions are filled