|Title: Medical Imaging/Machine Learning Intern||Posted: December 6, 2016|
|Company/Institution: Intuitive Surgical|
|Location: Sunnyvale, CA, USA|
Description: Are you passionate about applying state-of-the-art Deep Learning and Machine Learning techniques on Medical Image Analysis and be on the fast track to benefit tens of thousands of patients?
Primary Function of Position
The candidate will work with a top-notch multi-disciplinary team to develop surgical planning software on a robotic surgical platform.
We are seeking a talented individual to develop robust algorithms to segment key anatomical structures from 3d volumetric images, in a fully automatic and semi-automatic fashion. Exploring machine learning/deep learning based methods is especially interested due to its great success in other fields. We have datasets with ground-truth for both training and validation. Expected contributions include literature survey, algorithm design and implementation, testing on a large dataset with ground truth.
• A passion for developing technologies to improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.
• A passion for applying state-of-art machine learning methods to solve challenging practical medical problems.
• Self-motivated, self-disciplined and ability to work independently.
• Ability to perform fast prototyping and testing iterations and thinking outside the box to solve practical problems.
• Advanced MS or PhD student in the area of Medical Image Analysis, Machine Learning or Computer Vision.
• Solid knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following areas is highly desired: 1) volumetric image segmentation, 2) semantic image segmentation, 3) machine learning / deep learning, 4) probabilistic methods in computer vision and medical imaging.
• Proficiency with C++ and Python/Matlab to produce quick prototype and high quality code.
• Familiarity with standard medical image libraries and/or machine/deep learning packages.
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours for 3-6 months starting as early as now.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer
Application Instructions: Email to:
Contact: Tao Zhao, PhD Managing Principal, Vision and Medical Imaging
Intuitive Surgical Inc.