Head of Computer Vision Research
DigitalBridge is an award-winning Mixed-Reality business helping people visualise what new home decor and furnishings look like in their own room. With investment from the likes of UK retailer John Lewis, we are pioneering new techniques in computer vision and machine learning to truly disrupt the world of retail.
You can see what we're doing here and see what Techcrunch had to say here.
We’re delivering some incredible technology to some of the world’s biggest Home Decor and Furnishings companies and working with some of the world’s leading tech companies. There's extensive coverage of our work with John Lewis on http://digitalbridge.eu/news/.
DigitalBridge are seeking a Head of Research to lead the company’s research and development efforts. Responsibilities include:
- Align the business’s R&D efforts with business objectives.
- Deliver robust, working technology that solves computer vision and machine learning problems.
- Manage of the research team to define and deliver research objectives.
- Provide strategic guidance for the company’s overall technical direction.
- Represent the company’s technological development to external clients and the public.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven background in developing and deploying robust solutions to computer vision and machine learning problems.
- PhD in an area related to computer vision and machine learning.
- Knowledgeable about the state-of-the-art techniques in the following areas:
- Deep learning, convolutional neural networks.
- 3D computer vision, SLAM, structure from motion.
- Image segmentation.
- Object detection.
- Experience running a R&D team in an agile environment and delivering on business objectives.
- Strong software development skills and knowledge of the computer vision and machine learning and computer vision software ecosystem. Ideally, experience with Python and C++.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Broad technical knowledge of application architectures
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Share options
- Pension scheme
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible working