DukaConnect.com is building the first fully-mobile AI platform for traditional retail, beginning in Kenya.
We are looking for a driven machine learning and computer vision engineer to join our core technology team in San Francisco.
You should have a strong background in applied mathematics, optimization, machine learning, and software development. We are working on research problems on a product development timeline, so you should be enough of a scientist to be able to understand and implement your average ECCV paper, and enough of a hacker to be able to immerse yourself in challenging tasks without much guidance or background and write production-ready code. Ideal candidates for this position have a PhD or MS in a field related to artificial intelligence as well as publications at conferences such as ICCV, CVPR, WACV, NIPS, etc. or similar industry experience.
- Linear Algebra
- Machine Learning and modern tools for training (preferably Python stack, comfortable with TensorFlow)
- Programming experience on a large-scale projects in C/C++ or similar
- Knowledgable of scripting languages including Python
- Computer Vision and standard libraries (OpenCV)
- Comfortable in a Unix environment with common developer tools
- Knowledge of Android development environment
- GPU Programming experience
- An understanding of processing large datasets
- Previous work in object detection, object tracking, or segmentation
- Image processing background