|Title: Postdoctoral Fellow ||Posted: February 3, 2014|
|Company/Institution: University of Alberta |
|Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Department: Servier Virtual Cardiac Centre|
Description: The Servier Virtual Cardiac Centre (SVCC) is an advanced medical imaging laboratory located in the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute at the University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The SVCC focuses on the development of innovative methods for the reconstruction, post-processing and visualization of medical imaging. More information about the centre is available at: http://spaces.facsci.ualberta.ca/svcc/. The successful candidate will get an opportunity to interact closely with radiologists, cardiologists and scientists from the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute and the University of Alberta.
The successful candidate should have a PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field and must have a demonstrable track record in medical image analysis and computer vision, including publications in peer-reviewed journals. The position requires:
1. Advanced knowledge in reconstruction and post-processing of medical image data.
2. Advanced programming knowledge in C++, C, Python, Matlab, template development environment.
3. Computer programming experience with image processing software packages such as ITK, VTK, OpenCV.
4. Experience in high performance computing such as CUDA, GPGPU, OpenGL, Nvidia CG, DirectX, shader-based programming of GPUs.
5. Self-motivated, independent and organized worker.
This is a one-year term appointment subject to annual renewal.
Application Instructions: Please send your curriculum vitae and a brief statement of research interests to Dr. Michelle Noga (firstname.lastname@example.org)