Description: Join DAQRI, the world's leading augmented reality technology company, for a 3-month paid internship that offers personal and professional development. As an Intern in the Computer Vision team you will be responsible for creating the next generation algorithms that power our platform. You will work with vision based tracking and reconstruction systems and inertial measurement assisted SLAM systems. You will perform research and development of new techniques that will have a strong impact on our DAQRI Smart Glasses.
- Design and implementation of Computer Vision and Augmented Reality algorithms
- Develop new tracking, reconstruction or object pose estimation methods
- Contribute to influencing our hardware
- Research new techniques to improve speed, quality, and solve new problems for Computer Vision
- Pursuing a PhD with at least one of the following:
- Real-time 6 DoF tracking algorithms such as SLAM, VIO and model-based tracking
- 3D reconstruction from camera images and/or depth sensor data
- Object detection/pose estimation
- Machine learning methods (deep learning)
- Sensor fusion
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Strong math background
- Outstanding problem solving skills
Our Team: Our highly international team of Computer Vision and Augmented Reality experts are making a large impact in one of the industry's most exciting startups. Our team of 25+ is composed of former academics with strong industry experience. We value high quality, robust and fast code. We put testing at the heart of our technologies, and we are excited about new algorithmic solutions.
Location: Vienna, the capital of Austria, is consistently voted the best city to live in the world (Mercer 2010-2018 Quality of Living Survey-winner 9 years in a row). Vienna is known for its coffee culture, low crime rates, music and historical architecture. Living in the heart of Europe allows easy access to most major European cities within a short train ride or a short flight.