|Title: PhD student in Deep Learning||Posted: March 13, 2019|
|Company/Institution: KTH Royal Institute of Technology|
|Location: Stockholm, Sweden|
|Department: Electrical Engineering and Computer Science|
Description: Job ad https://www.kth.se/en/om/work-at-kth/lediga-jobb/what:job/jobID:253724/where:4/
Deep learning has dramatically pushed the performance of many intelligent systems, but many important questions remain open for research. How can we make sense of the high capacity of deep networks? How should one interpret its decision making process? How can we transfer knowledge from an information-rich application to tasks where data is scarce? What are the limits of its application in other fields?
The role of the doctoral student will be to develop theoretical advances regarding these research questions and focus on applying them to problems in computer vision and/or biomedical image analysis. Possible topics of interest include: knowledge transfer, universial representation and learning, understanding deep networks, explainability, and uncertainty estimation. Should the student be willing and sufficiently experienced, they will have some freedom to steer the direction of research.
Application Instructions: Eligibility
To be admitted to postgraduate education (Chapter 7, 39 § Swedish Higher Education Ordinance), the applicant must have basic eligibility in accordance with either of the following:
* passed a degree at advanced level,
* completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 higher education credits at advanced level, or
* in any other way acquired within or outside the country acquired essentially equivalent knowledge.
In order to succeed as an doctoral student at KTH you need to be goal oriented and persevering in your work. In the selection of the applicants, the following will be assessed:
* ability to independently pursue his or hers work,
* ability to collaborate with others,
* have a professional approach and
* analyse and work with complex issues.
* good knowledge of English and ability to express themselves clearly in speech and writing
* motivation for doctoral studies
* mathematical skillset
* experience in use of deep learning frameworks including TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Caffe, MXNet, etc as well as familiarity with Linux
Please include with your application a short (1 page) project proposal describing a topic around deep learning and/or biomedical image analysis that you would like to pursue in your doctoral studies.