|Title: PhD position on Video Quality Assessment and Enhancement ||Posted: March 13, 2020|
|Company/Institution: Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
|Location: Gjovik, Norway|
|Department: Computer Science|
Description: Application link: https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/184337/phd-position-on-video-quality-assessment-and-enhancement
A three-year PhD position (or four years with 25% teaching duties) is available at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Department of Computer Science in Gjøvik. The position which is focused on video quality assessment and enhancement is in line with the state-of-the-art research performed at the Norwegian Colour and Visual Computing Laboratory (colourlab) focused on image and video quality assessment and enhancement. The project aims to use state of the art computer vision and machine learning techniques to better study the role of different distortions and enhancements on the quality of the videos.
The PhD-position's main objective is to qualify for work in research positions. The qualification requirement is that you have completed a master’s degree or second degree (equivalent to 120 credits) with a strong academic background in computer science, image processing or equivalent education with a grade of B or better in terms of NTNU’s grading scale. If you are unable to meet these criteria you may be considered only if you can document that you are particularly suitable for education leading to a PhD degree.
• Good programming knowledge and experience, advantage with knowledge in MATLAB.
• Prior knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: image quality assessment, video quality assessment, human visual system, deep learning, machine learning, GPU programming.
• Enthusiasm for leading-edge research, team spirit, and capability of independent problem-solving.
• Good written and oral English.
PhD candidates are remunerated in code 1017, and are normally remunerated at gross from NOK 479 600 per annum before tax, depending on qualifications and seniority. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Appointment to a PhD position requires that you are admitted to the PhD program in Computer Science (https://www.ntnu.edu/studies/phcos) within three months of employment, and that you participate in an organized PhD program during the employment period.
Application Instructions: About the application
Please note that applications are only evaluated based on the information available in the job application portal on the application deadline. You should ensure that your application shows clearly how your skills and experience meet the criteria which are set out above.
Applicants must attach the following documents in one single PDF file to their application within the closing date:
• A cover letter where the applicant describes his/her personal motivation and relevance with respect to the requirements of the advertisement.
• Curriculum vitae (CV) which includes information about the candidate’s prior education, work experience, academic merits and any scientific publications.
• A draft research proposal (maximum four pages) for the PhD study, where the candidate presents her/his own ideas for the PhD-work and how it can be applied, based on the project description given in this advertisement. This proposal will be neither final nor binding for the project.
• Certified copies of academic diplomas and certificates. Applicants from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a diploma supplement, or a similar document, which describes in detail the study program and grading system.
• Transcripts of grades
• Certificate of English proficiency exam (IELTS or TOEFL)
• Names and contact information of at least two references.
• Up to three relevant publications in international journals and conferences. Joint works will be considered. If it is difficult to identify the individual applicant's contribution to joint works, the applicant must include a brief description of his or her contribution.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Dr. Seyed Ali Amirshahi (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Stine Terese Ruen Nymoen, (email@example.com).
If you are invited for interview you must include certified copies of transcripts and reference letters. Please refer to the application number 2020/ 8332 when applying.
Application deadline: 15.04.2020