|Title: Machine learning scientist, Computer Vision||Posted: March 7, 2014|
|Location: Seattle, WA|
|Department: Digital Products|
Description: Who We Are
Since 1994, Amazon has evolved from a single retail website to become a global development platform as well as an e-commerce and publishing partner. Innovation is in our DNA, and we constantly seek out the world’s brightest technology minds to research and develop new solutions to improve the lives of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world. Because that's what being Earth's most customer-centric company is all about, and it's still Day One at Amazon.
Amazon Kindle, Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HDX are revolutionary devices, the #1 best-selling products on all of Amazon, and one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. Amazon has also developed significant digital and mobile businesses including Amazon MP3, Amazon Instant Video, IMDb, Amazon Mobile store, and Audible. Many of these applications run on a range of mobile platforms which present unique long-term opportunities for R&D in the field of machine learning.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Machine Learning Scientists to join our research team. Successful candidates would have outstanding experience applying Deep Learning techniques in the computer vision and image processing areas, and have strong passion for building innovative applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to conduct applied research, whilst making direct impact on products used every day, by people you know.
· Be part of a team developing and implementing a Machine Learning system using Convolutional Neural Networks.
· Conduct applied research to investigate and nurture innovative and practical algorithms solving real-world problems.
· Research and implement novel, distributed and scalable machine learning and statistical approaches.
· Work closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations.
· Interact with academic and industrial research communities for synchronizing with the trends and disseminating innovative ideas.
· Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software.
· Technical evaluations of third party products.
· Doctoral Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or Master’s Degree with at least 3 years of professional experience.
· At least 2 years of professional experience in ML-related projects implementing convolutional neural networks.
· Successful application of CNN to solve practical CV problems such as object recognition, tagging and classification.
· Hands-on experience developing and implementing machine learning algorithms and models.
· Solid research track record with peer-reviewed publications in top academic conferences and journals in the related areas
Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python.
· Experience with GPU and custom hardware.
· Experience implementing auto encoders or restricted Boltzmann machine.
· Experience with programming on Amazon Web Services.
· Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Development experience on multiple Linux platforms and mobile devices (Android, iOS).
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate customer applications and interaction methodologies.
Experience in developing real-time systems.
Application Instructions: Apply online at http://www.amazon.jobs/job/205395/machine-learning-scientist or email resume/CV