|Title: Research Scientist - Computer Vision||Posted: June 23, 2014|
|Company/Institution: Amazon Lab126|
|Location: Sunnyvale, CA |
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Fire phone. What will you help us create?
Are you an experienced Computer Vision engineer or researcher who is capable of diving deep into hard technical problems and coming up with insightful solutions that enable successful products? Are you unafraid of tackling a mind-bending challenge that really will improve peoples' lives in a meaningful way? Are you a finisher who can deliver robust, production-quality code that solves complex, real-world problems in ways that delight customers?
If this describes you, we have insanely ambitious projects that will stretch your abilities to their limit. Your co-workers will be some of the best people in their fields. You will work with leading-edge technology and be part of the team that defines it. It won't be an easy process, but if you succeed you will be a part of a career-defining team.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field, with specialty in computer vision
- Clear understanding and ability to implement algorithms in computer vision using both toolkits and self-developed code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Understanding of OO design
- C++ and Java programming skills
- 1 year of post-graduate experience in academic or industry environment in one or more of the following areas: computer vision, image recognition, augmented reality
- Familiarity with data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Ability to convert research code to optimized processing code
- Ability to develop novel solutions using a combination of technologies based on engineering requirements
- Direct involvement in computer vision solutions shipped in a commercial product
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet.
Application Instructions: Please email email@example.com with your resume for more details.