Sony Electronics US Research Center located in San Jose, CA, is searching for a Senior Applied Researcher to research and develop advanced Computational Intelligence for Sony's future business and products. Special interests and focus include Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Computer Vision and Data Mining. We explore and create cutting edge algorithms in those areas, deliver strong technical solutions to various Sony product teams. You will share our excitement of contributing to Sony products enjoyed by millions of people.
You will be responsible for assessing and improving Algorithmic Performance with the Software Development Process. Additionally, you will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. You must be able to demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Writing Invention Disclosures and working with patent attorneys to secure Intellectual Property will be a key responsibility in this role.
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering is required
- Solid knowledge of Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition or Data Mining is required
- Excellent hands-on knowledge and coding skills of at least two of the following languages are required: C/C++, Matlab, Python
- Research experience in one or more following area is preferred
Brain Machine Interface
- Experience of using modern parallel computing frameworks (OpenCL, CUDA etc.) and/or cloud
- computing technologies (Hadoop, Amazon EC2 etc.) is a plus
- Must be self-motivated and creative, with proven analytical skills, excellent research record, and ability to communicate effectivelyMust be able to work both independently and with a team
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally if required