|Title: Software Development Engineer - Computer Vision||Posted: June 23, 2014|
|Company/Institution: Amazon Lab126|
|Location: Sunnyvale, CA|
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Fire phone. What will you help us create?
Are you an experienced Computer Vision engineer or researcher who is capable of diving deep into hard technical problems and coming up with insightful solutions that enable successful products? Are you unafraid of tackling a mind-bending challenge that really will improve peoples' lives in a meaningful way? Are you a finisher who can deliver robust, production-quality code that solves complex, real-world problems in ways that delight customers?
If this describes you, we have insanely ambitious projects that will stretch your abilities to their limit. Your co-workers will be some of the best people in their fields. You will work with leading-edge technology and be part of the team that defines it. It wont be an easy process, but if you succeed you will be a part of a career-defining team.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, productive software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within a team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet.
Application Instructions: Please email email@example.com with your resume for more details.