|Title: Senior Software Development Manager - Computer Vision ||Posted: June 23, 2014|
|Company/Institution: Amazon Lab126|
|Location: Sunnyvale, CA|
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Fire phone. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Software Development Manager- Computer Vision, you will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of application engineers responsible for core applications on embedded devices. In this position you will partner with product managers, project managers, user experience designers and other internal resources. A successful candidate will have an established background with strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
The Senior Software Development Manager- Computer Vision will provide technical leadership and management for an applications team. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of embedded application software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and focus on improving performance. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams. In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team.
- Maintain and improve existing software
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field
- 7+ years of industry experience, preferably in Embedded Linux
- 3+ years of management experience
- Engineering process expertise, with understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
- Masters degree or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering
- Java or Android experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Excellent judgment, organizational and problem solving skills
- Superior design and architecture knowledge
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules
- Proven success in building, motivating and retaining teams of star players
- Deeply technical with a track record of successful delivery as an individual contributor and leader
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet.
Application Instructions: Please email email@example.com with your resume for more details.