|Title: Scientist||Posted: July 27, 2014|
|Company/Institution: Honda Research Institute USA|
|Location: Mountain View, CA|
Description: Scientist (Job Number: P13F01)
HRI in Mountain View, California, has an opening for a Scientist to develop algorithms processing input from cameras, inertial motion sensors, GPS and other sensors for use in real-time systems to accurately and robustly produce estimates including vehicle position and orientation.
The successful applicant will be a part of a research team developing and implementing a real-time ADAS and autonomous driving platform.
His/her responsibilities include:
* Ability to develop software employing image processing and computer vision techniques
* Employ sensor fusion techniques with multi-modal data
* Data association between sensor and map information
* Setup and run module regression tests using large collections of sensor data
* Benchmarking results against ground truth data
* A minimum of an M.S. degree in Computer Science, EE or related field
* Excellent skills in C++ and Linux
* Experience with real-time camera and other sensor processing
* Knowledge of computer vision, robotic navigation and/or related areas
* PhD degree in Computer Science, EE or related field
* CUDA programming, runtime optimization
* Working knowledge of libraries such as OpenCV and PCL
* Experience with CAN bus, GPS, IMU, vehicle odometry and dynamic models
* Knowledge of GIS coordinate systems and data manipulation
* Limited 3-year associate position with the possibility of further extensions or transition to a long term position at the company's discretion.
Application Instructions: To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to
with the subject line clearly indicating the job number you are applying for.
Name your attachments as "FirstName.LastName.OrganizationName.cv.pdf"