|Title: Research Engineer||Posted: August 1, 2014|
|Company/Institution: Honda Research Institute, USA|
|Location: Mountain View, CA|
Description: (Job Number: P13T03) HRI in Mountain View, California, has an opening for a Research Engineer to work on advanced driver assistance systems.
The successful applicant will be a part of a research team working on a real-time driver system that perform object detection and recognition using cameras and laser range sensors mounted on an experimental vehicle.
His/her responsibilities include:
* Developing real-time software in collaboration with research staff to recognize and track objects in video and laser scans supported by GPS/IMU measurements and vehicle odometry.
* Setup and calibration of the sensors on the experimental vehicle.
* Development of software tools to evaluate object recognition systems and conducting benchmarking experiments.
* Collection of data of traffic scenes with our experimental vehicle in order to evaluate our in-house object detection and self-localization technology.
* A minimum of an M.S. degree in Computer Science, EE or related field,
* Knowledge in computer vision / robotics, specifically in the areas of object detection and object tracking.
* Excellent skills in C++ and Linux,
* Experience with camera and/or laser systems and large scale data processing,
* Knowledge of CUDA programming,
* Experience with CAN bus, GPS, IMU, and vehicle odometry.
* Limited 2-year position with the possibility of further extensions at the company discretion.
Application Instructions: To apply to this position, please send a cover letter and your resume to:
with the subject line clearly indicating the job number (P13T03) you are applying for.
Name your attachments as