To complement the upicto team, we are looking for a computer vision software engineer to develop next-generation video analysis tools.
upicto is a Spinoff company of the ETH Zurich, with offices at the Technopark in Zurich. At upicto, we develop software for the analysis of videos for the purpose of automatic event detection. The main target application is video surveillance, where we are creating a software which is simple to configure and which extracts meaningful events from any kind of surveillance scene, and hence flexibly applicable. We are also looking at other applications, for example to summarize consumer videos or to extract events from webcam streams. We are a fast-paced company, operating in a very dynamic environment with a high amount of customer focus.
- A mix between customer-specific projects and designing our own technology;
- Improve our software for visual event detection (scene interpretation, motion detection and tracking, classification, etc.);
- Independently implement, improve, maintain and test new features for upicto's video processing;
- Create application- and customer-specific outputs and products;
- Help to refine and specify the next generation of products;
- Quick prototyping, discussing, and sharing ideas to push the state-of-the-art beyond the limits.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or in a related field;
- Strong knowhow of computer vision and machine learning algorithms, including tracking, event detection, recognition, statistical learning, classification;
- Fluent and experienced in C++, Qt and Python, preferably with knowledge of OpenCV, writing clean and maintainable code;
- The passion and creativity to create great products and to solve challenging problems, but also persistent and paying attention to details;
- Highly motivated, communicative, flexible and easily adapting to new challenges;
- EU citizenship or working permit in Switzerland, willing to live in Zurich (it is a great city!).