|Title: 150th Anniversary PhD Scholarship on "Real-time Action Recognition for Human-Robot Interaction" - Deadline extended to Jan 9 20||Posted: December 22, 2014|
|Company/Institution: Oxford Brookes University|
|Location: United Kingdom|
|Department: Department of Computing and Communication Technologies|
Description: The Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment at Oxford Brookes University is pleased to offer a three year full-time PhD Scholarship to a new student commencing in April 2015. The successful applicant will receive an annual bursary of
Application Instructions: I am pleased to inform you that Oxford Brookes University has agreed to slightly adjust the date of shortlisting due in part to the Christmas period. As a consequence the advert will remain open until January 9th, 2015. Should you wish to complete and submit your application in this period this is now entirely possible. I hope that you will find this measure helpful and if you do apply may I take the opportunity to wish you every success.
Please send your application and all supporting documents on or before Friday 9th January 2015. Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered.
In order to be considered for the Scholarship 'Real-time Action Recognition for Human-Robot Interaction' would you please submit the following supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Research proposal (a maximum 3 page outline; instructions on how to prepare a research proposal can be found on the Brookes website: http://cct.brookes.ac.uk/research/proposals.html)
2. A scan of your passport
3. IELTS Certificate or equivalent (EU/International students)
4. Copies of your previous Degree Certificate(s)
5. Copies of your previous Transcript(s)
6. Two references (at least one academic). Your references must be on institutional headed paper and be dated and signed by referee(s). They can be e-mailed through you if the referee permits the reference to be shared with you or can be sent to Research Administrator in the Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment in a sealed envelope, or e-mailed to email@example.com. Alternatively you can ask your referee(s) to use the Reference form attached. Please note that it is the applicant's responsibility to ensure their referees supply these documents.
7. Supporting statement (of no more than 300 words summarising:
- Your reasons for undertaking this project;
- Preparation undertaken and previous research experience;
- How this bursary will make a difference to your research)
8. Your CV
Please be advised that the selection process will involve an interview in the week commencing 12th January 2015, and the successful candidate would be expected to commence in the research degree programme in April 2015.
Please also note that the successful candidate will have to submit an electronic application for a Research Degree programme at Oxford Brookes through the UKPASS system (www.ukpass.ac.uk).
The office will be closed from mid-day on 24th December and will reopen on 5th January should you have any questions.