Description: Join a team of highly skilled and innovative engineers to work on leading-edge mapping technology for Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD) systems. HERE is an established company with decades of experience in delivering maps for the automotive industry and other commercial partners. We are owned by a consortium of German automakers (Audi, BMW, and Daimler), with a focus on creating and maintaining the world's most precise and detailed digital maps for enabling self-driving cars.
HERE is seeking a 3D Computer Vision Engineer to join our Highly Automated Driving (HAD) group. A successful candidate will apply his/her knowledge and expertise to bring about practical solutions to challenges related to our mission. That involves staying up-to-date on the latest publications and research results in the field, knowing when to apply existing technology versus inventing new approaches, being able to quantify the value of a particular approach, and to develop robust and scalable software implementations. We are looking for people who remain learners throughout their career, and whose inquisitiveness and love of technology will propel our products forward. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an energetic and dedicated team of computer vision and machine learning experts on highly visible, technology-driven problems with a direct connection to the success of the company.
• Develop computer vision algorithms for structure from motion, visual odometry, and 3D reconstruction.
• Develop novel techniques for accurate vehicle localization using image/LiDAR data and GPS/IMU sensors.
• Participate in both algorithm and software development as a part of an Agile team.
• Write clean and re-usable code in programming languages such as C++/Python
• Participate in project reviews and demos.
• Innovate, publish and patent.
• M.S/Ph.D. in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field. Bachelor’s candidates with very strong experience will be considered.
• 2+ years of relevant industry or academic experience.
• Expertise in structure from motion, multi-view geometry, and large-scale optimization.
• Experience in image processing, feature extraction and matching, object detection and tracking.
• Excellent C++/Python programming and software design skills.
• Team player with the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
• Creative, resourceful, and innovative problem solver.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with hardware such as LiDAR, GPS, IMU (preferred)
• Sharp, motivated colleagues in a fun office environment.
• Rare opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology that will directly impact the world.
• Competitive salary package, bonus, paid company holidays and 401(k) plan.
• Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
• Office in downtown Berkeley next to BART station.
Application Instructions: Please email Kari Bertsch at email@example.com