Thanks for your interest in Conversant! Here’s the deal. You’re not just applying to some basic technology company. Rather you’re applying to a powerhouse that’s changing the face of an industry! We’re a new company with a 15-year heritage. We’ve invested over $1 billion and united five industry leaders - Commission Junction, Dotomi, Greystripe, Mediaplex, and ValueClick Media - to launch and lead the Age of Personalization. We’ve done what marketers have dreamed of for years, introduced a single platform that offers all the data, technology, insights and personalization it takes to make true 1:1 communication real.
We couldn’t have done any of that without our team of superstars and a culture that celebrates each one of them. Individuals matter just as much within our walls as they do in the 1:1 marketing programs we create for clients. Here’s what we believe in at Conversant:
• Ownership – We’re determined to make an impact – preferably a big one – every day.
• Integrity – We treat our clients, customers and co-workers with genuine respect.
• Teamwork – We believe everything worthwhile is achieved through collaboration.
• Innovation – The status quo bores us. Everyone is encouraged to think differently and invent relentlessly.
About this Role
Our Graduate Interns will work with our Decision Sciences Team, researching and building machine learning applications to extend our personalization platform. Conversant’s personalization is based on analysis of anonymized data at internet scale, and is used in evaluating 1 trillion advertising opportunities per month – in real-time. As an intern you will be able to apply your machine learning knowledge to real problems with an opportunity to directly impact our business, gaining experience with internet-scale data and state-of-the-art computing clusters. Several of our team members are graduates of our intern program from previous years!
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop a basic understanding of Conversant’s personalization platform
• Use your machine learning expertise to research and recommend the best approaches to solving one of our technology+business problems
• Implement and validate your solution
• Work with other teams to integrate your solution into Conversant’s platform
• Document and present your approach
Ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
• In a Ph.D. program in Computer Science or related field
• Research experience and coursework in machine learning
• Fluency in programming
• Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
• Desire to apply your expert knowledge to grow a business
Optional (applicable to subsets of our projects):
• Computer vision
• Probabilistic graphical models such as HMM’s, Markov Random Fields, and Bayes Nets
• Graph and network algorithms
Conversant is committed to one simple but truly exciting principle: each person is different and every person matters. This mindset fuels everything we do for our clients and for each other. We do magic for our clients and we have fun doing it. If that sounds like your sort of place, we’d love to hear more from you.