The HERE Reality Capture & Processing (RCP) team in downtown Berkeley is expanding!
The RCP group designs and builds hardware and software for capturing, processing, and extracting information from numerous data sources such as: imagery and 3D Lidar from mobile mapping systems, aerial imagery, satellite imagery, and dense GPS probe data from smartphones and vehicles. These rich datasets are used to power next-gen 3D consumer maps, navigation and assisted driving systems, and more. HERE Maps, a division of Nokia, provides detailed road and navigation data for nearly 100 countries, and can be found in four out of five vehicle in-dash navigation systems. Licensees of the HERE platform include Microsoft, Yahoo, Amazon, and Baidu.
Within RCP, the Image & Lidar Processing Team creates the software processing pipeline for transforming petabytes of raw data into usable information. This requires implementing the latest computer vision and machine learning algorithms and incorporating them into a robust, scalable processing pipeline. We are seeking passionate and experienced engineers to join a talented team of algorithm experts and software engineers. Example work this team does includes: object detection and recognition, camera and lidar calibration, image color balancing/denoising/stitching/etc., spatiotemporal pattern recognition, and large-scale SLAM.
- Develop algorithms to automate the detection and recognition of map features from GPS probe, lidar, and terrestrial, aerial, and satellite imagery
- Track and apply the latest algorithm improvements from industry and the research community
- Optimize performance of algorithms on CPU, GPU or other architectures.
- Drive the testing, documentation, verification and productization of the algorithms.
- Maintain metrics related to algorithm performance.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related Science or Engineering focused degree. MSc/PhD preferred.
- Candidates should have a background in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or a closely related discipline and a track record for developing ideas and concepts into commercially viable algorithms as well as an understanding and experience in productizing research results.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams.
- Strong coding skills in Python and C/C++
- Experience with Linux and Amazon AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with GPGPU and CUDA or OpenCL a plus
- Experience with deep learning technology and associated frameworks (Caffe, cuDNN) a plus