Barcelona Media is a centre for advanced technology dedicated to applied research and the transfer of knowledge and technology as a means to boost the competitiveness of the media and communications sector. Our goal is to assist our partners introducing new products in the market based on exciting research. Working for BM means working with a small team of smart and creative people, happy to share knowledge and dedicated to make things that work!
We are looking for highly motivated individual to join the Image processing team to carry out applied research in computer vision and video processing for the media industry. The position involves design and development of video processing algorithms and its implementation as industrial tools and plug-ins for widely used post-production software. The candidate could also self-initiate and promote innovative ideas and solutions to technical challenges.
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or Applied Mathematics, or related discipline.
- Good knowledge and research experience in at least one of the following areas of Computer Vision:
and background knowledge in:
- video segmentation
- video inpainting
- energy minimization via graph-cuts
- stereo vision & multiple view geometry
- Strong programming skills in C/C++; parallel programing skills in GPUs with the CUDA or OpenCL platform
- Professional experience in applied research. The candidate is expected to be capable of proposing novel solutions to problems and working to refine those solutions in a real-world context
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience writing plug-ins for post-production and video editing platforms (Nuke, After Effects) and/or in the OpenFX API will be a plus
- Experience working in international research projects will be a plus.