|Title: Research Scientist-SWIFT ( Optics | Physics | Image Processing Algorithms) ||Posted: March 26, 2015|
|Company/Institution: KLA-Tencor Corporation|
|Location: Milpitas, San Jose, CA|
Description: Business Unit:
The SWIFT division is part of the Wafer Inspection Group (WIG) of KLA-Tencor and consists in an organization globally located in US, Germany, India, and Singapore.
The SWIFT division has the mission to provide cost-effective solutions for high-sampling wafer inspection applications. We effectively partner with field support teams and customers to lower overall fab costs by supplying world-leading high-throughput inspection, metrology and review systems. Our comprehensive product portfolio includes: all-wafer-surface (front side, backside, and edge) macro inspection, standalone high-sampling inspection, and standalone edge inspection and metrology tools that are deployed across several advanced wafer fabs for a large number of applications.
Besides developing valuable products, the SWIFT division provides support to the customers to achieve performance entitlement through the sharing and implementation of applications.
The role will report to the Strategic Technology Development team. The team is responsible for developing strategic technologies to solve customer challenges and position for further growth.
Some of the daily activities include the following:
a) Develop technical solutions by understanding and articulating customer problems.
b) Research existing competitive environment and evaluate advantages and limitations of available technologies.
c) Develop new technologies for future growth.
The new hire will have the opportunity to work on advanced technologies and handle challenging problems. The new hire will have some of the following detailed responsibilities:
1) Draft research plan and proposals and update program progress
2) Generate technical reports and work with engineers to implement validated new technologies for product
3) Closely work with application and marketing teams, articulating customer challenges into technical solutions
4) Validate new research ideas using simulation and/or bench-top experimental set-ups. Investigating competitive technologies and evaluate their pros and cons.
Application Instructions: Preferred Qualifications
1) Expect proven success in at least 3 of the following fields: