|Title: Computer Vision Scientist ||Posted: March 28, 2015|
|Company/Institution: Xerox Research Centre Europe|
|Location: Grenoble, France|
|Department: Computer vision|
Description: The Computer Vision group of the Xerox Research Centre Europe (XRCE) is looking for an experienced scientist in the field of computer vision. The successful candidate will contribute - in collaboration with the rest of the team - to the invention, development and benchmarking of computer vision technologies such as object classification, retrieval, localization or tracking in both images and videos. S/he will also contribute - in collaboration with our development teams - to the transfer of these technologies to the Xerox business units. Potential areas of application of our technologies include transportation, retail or healthcare among others.
- Ph.D. degree in computer vision, machine learning or multimedia.
- At least 5 years of experience in computer vision and/or related fields.
- Strong publication track record in major computer vision, machine learning or multimedia conferences and journals.
- Strong development skills, preferably in C/C++ and/or python.
- Solid communication skills in English.
- Highly motivated.
The Computer Vision group specializes in understanding, organizing, retrieving and enhancing visual content. We have extensive experience and state-of-the-art systems in image categorization, image retrieval, image enhancement, quality / aesthetic assessment and document image processing. Our technologies have won numerous awards in public competitions such as the PASCAL Visual Object Challenge, ImageCLEF or the ImageNet Large Scale Visual Recognition Challenge.
- A successful track record in project management.
- Experience in an industrial setting.
Application Instructions: To submit an application, please send your CV, cover letter as well as the name of at least one reference to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.