|Title: Research Engineer||Posted: March 31, 2015|
|Location: Greater Boston, MA, USA|
|Department: Boston Technology Center|
Description: Avigilon Corporation is defining the future of protection through innovative end-to-end security solutions.
Avigilon's industry-leading HD network video management software, megapixel cameras, access control and video analytics products are reinventing the global security market.
Avigilon's solutions protect and monitor thousands of customer sites in more than 120 countries around the world. Avigilon Control Center, an award-winning HD Network Video Management Software platform, a broad range of industry-leading megapixel cameras (1-29 MP), open-platform access control systems and video analytic solutions, deliver full situational awareness together with unmatched image detail. Campuses, transportation systems, healthcare providers, cities, retailers and manufacturing sites are just a few of the complex business operations that benefit from the delivery of indisputable video evidence.
In 2013, Avigilon was recognized as the fastest growing company in Canada on the PROFIT 500. The Company was also named Cantech's Stock of the Year (TSX), as voted by Canada's top financial analysts. The previous year, Avigilon was named the Fastest Growing Technology Company in Canada, the Fastest Growing Software Company in North America for the second year in a row, and the 'Company of the Year' by the BC Technology Industry Association.
Avigilon's Boston Technology Center is seeking an experienced Research Engineer to join our Video Analytics Algorithms team.
- Researching and developing computer vision and machine learning algorithms to solve a variety of problems in video surveillance and business intelligence
- Prototyping novel research ideas in a variety of languages and prototyping environments including MATLAB and Python
- Assisting in transitioning prototypes to market-ready products by implementing the algorithms in C/C++
- Strong experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Image Processing
- Strong mathematics background
- Ability to read and understand related scientific papers
- Knowledge of linear algebra, algorithms and data structures
- Solid software development skills and object oriented design
- Knowledge of MATLAB and Python
- Previous experience with C++
- Advanced degree in a relevant field of Computer Science (Ph.D. is preferable)
Application Instructions: Submit resume to Avigilon at firstname.lastname@example.org