Sony's U.S. Research Center currently has an opening for Senior Applied Research Engineer in our San Jose, California location. This position is responsible for researching and developing algorithms and architectures in areas of computer vision for integration into advanced platforms and products.
Responsibilities will include investigating and utilizing complex engineering and mathematical principles to develop core technologies, composing algorithm structures and finding solutions to problems. This will include the assessment and improvement of algorithm performance on a variety of platforms. This position also requires the engineer to analyze and determine system standards and test procedures.
You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors and demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. You will be responsible for networking with senior internal and external personnel in your own area of expertise.
- Ph.D. Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Strong knowledge of fundamentals in computer vision and graphical models for image/video analysis.
- Solid knowledge of Markov Random Field, Conditional
- Random Field and other graphical models to solve problems in holistic scene understanding.
- Good mathematical modeling and statistical analysis background.
- Proficient programming skills to develop efficient algorithms in C/C++ and MATLAB and/or Python.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Solid knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning.
- Experiences in data fusion utilizing multi-modal signals with probabilistic inferences to improve the problems in holistic scene understanding.
- Strong attention to detail, new technologies and methods, highly collaborative and passions to computer vision tasks.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally if required.
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
We sincerely appreciate and thank you for your interest in Sony Electronics Inc.
For a complete list of Sony Electronics Inc. Job Opportunities visit: