|Title: Software Engineer ||Posted: April 26, 2015|
|Location: Redmond WA|
Description: The era of holographic computing is here. We are creating the world’s most advanced holographic computing platform, enabled by Windows 10. Our products incorporate ground-breaking technologies from the Holographic Processing Unit (HPU), to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, image and video processing, audio, speech recognition, networking and graphics. We bring these technologies to all Windows devices including the Internet of Things (IoT), phones, tablets, phones, desktops, Xbox, Surface Hub, and Microsoft HoloLens - enabling users to place holograms right into our world, right into our lives, with more reality than ever before. We are a growing team of expert engineers and artists working in an agile and highly energetic environment. We want to change the world and we need you!
We need experienced software engineers who are poised to play a key role in our mission to change the world. Join our team and help us design and assemble the next generation consumer hardware, technology, and user experiences.
A perfect fit in this environment, requires you to be:
• Adaptable to meet the dynamic goals in an agile team.
• Self-motivated and proactive to maintain momentum and progress.
• Passionate about creating new, innovative, and ground-breaking user experiences.
• A proven collaborator across all disciplines, including Engineering and Design.
• Motivated and able to quickly learn new technologies.
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the team using the most innovative technologies related to image processing, video processing, camera, computational photography, etc. In this role you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and optimization of image/video processing components.
• Work in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including design, hardware, PM and Quality teams for sustained long term success
• Partner with the architects and the technical leadership team to deliver solid technical designs
• Maintain an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them
• Closely collaborate with partner teams when engineering & business dependencies exist
• Own accurate costing for your engineering activities, and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality
• Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
Successful candidates must have:
• 5+ years of relevant software design and development experience preferably on shipped consumer products or platforms
• Proven experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product
• Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging ability
• Deep native development skills in C++ design and coding, with strong debugging skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• A proven track record of shipping quality products on time
• A BS, MSc or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
Additional experience desired (3+ of the following areas):
• API design
• Experience with algorithms, mathematics, or statistics
• Computer Graphics: GPU, DirectX, HLSL, D3D, D3D11, or OpenGL
• Background in computer vision, image processing, video processing, or computational photography
• Experience writing performance-critical code or SIMD processor extensions (e.g. SSE/AVX/NEON)
• Windows Media Foundation, MFT is a plus
• Experience with mobile, embedded systems, systems on a chip (SoC) or familiarities with Windows drivers is a plus
• Experience with cameras in the mobile space, camera processing pipelines, ISP tuning, or image quality fundamentals is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status
Application Instructions: If you are interested please email me at
email@example.com with a copy of your resume and times when you would be available to speak to me.