|Title: Research Intern (Medical image analysis, computer vision, machine learning)||Posted: April 30, 2015|
|Company/Institution: Siemens Corporate Technology|
|Location: Princeton, New Jersey, United States|
|Department: Imaging and Computer Vision|
Description: Siemens Corporate Technology is one of the world’s premier research labs, consisting of more than 1800 talented scientists located in North America, Europe, and Asia. Driven by a strong culture of innovation, we have a record of developing cutting edge technologies and excel in translating academic research into advanced Siemens products.
The Imaging and Computer Vision team of Siemens Corporate Technology has immediate openings in Princeton, NJ for research interns and software engineering interns with a focus on computer vision, pattern recognition and medical image analysis.
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
What are responsibilities?
• Help contribute to research projects that develop object detection, tracking and recognition algorithms in medical image and video analysis.
• Help advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
• Apply image and video analysis techniques to large-scale, real-world problems
• Develop prototypes (standalone, cloud-based, apps) that implement and showcase image and video analysis algorithm.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Graduate or PhD students in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline for both research and software engineering interns. Undergraduate (junior or senior) students will be also considered for software engineering interns.
• Research interns will focus on both researching algorithms and developing prototypes.
• Software engineering interns will solely focus on developing prototypes on different platforms.
• Research interns should have theoretical and practical background in computer vision, image and video analysis, specifically object detection, tracking and recognition, statistical modeling, statistical pattern recognition, machine learning, deep learning, sparse methods, applied mathematics, optimization. Prior knowledge about medical imaging is a plus but not a must.
• For software engineering interns, web-programming skill or app development skill is preferred.
• Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English is required
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team
• Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
What else do I need to know?
For more information please refer to our website at www.siemens.com
Application Instructions: To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org