|Title: Postdoctoral Research - Computer Vision and Machine Learning||Posted: May 6, 2015|
|Company/Institution: Oak Ridge National Laboratory|
|Location: Knoxville, Tennessee, USA|
|Department: Imaging, Signals and Machine Learning|
The Imaging, Signals, and Machine Learning (ISML) group at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate with expertise in computer vision/image processing and data analytics. The ISML group conducts applied computer vision research and development addressing important issues of industrial and economic competitiveness, biomedical measurement science, and national security. The group consists of staff members with backgrounds in electrical engineering, computer science, and optical engineering, and frequently collaborates with partners in industry, academia, and other government organizations.
This position will be responsible to pursue research and development of computer vision techniques coupled with machine learning/data analytics approaches for the quality control of additive manufacturing processes. Joining a research team consisting of material scientists, electrical engineers and computer scientists, the successful candidate shall demonstrate a well-rounded ability to perform technically in at least one of the following areas:
- Computer vision and machine learning
- Multi-dimensional and multi-modal signal processing
- Spatiotemporal data mining
- Multi-dimensional data visualization and data understanding
The candidate is expected to publish work in professional journals and present results to the scientific community.
- PhD in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or closely related field is required
- Experience designing and building algorithms for 2D and 3D image understanding
- Demonstrated experience conceiving and executing research and development projects
- Substantial programming skills using C/C++ / Python / Matlab
- Significant experience with the following libraries is required: OpenCV, CUDA, Qt
- Experience with thermal imaging
Please contact Vincent Paquit (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional details.
Application Instructions: Please click here to apply directly at the ORNL careers site.